We have been getting a lot of requests as of late wondering if we offer any basic photography classes for parents to take better photos of their own children in their every day lives. We know many of you have DSLRs but maybe you just haven’t had the time to sit down and really figure out how to use it! Are you guilty of shooting on Auto all of the time (you know…that little green box on the dial?) Heck, even I did that when I first got my very first DSLR!
So, we have decided to give you what you want! Introducing our very first Learning to Click basic photography workshop! This workshop is designed to take place in person, for about 4 hours or so. It includes hands on guidance, a structured curriculum that will cover the components of your camera, how to use all of those buttons, the basics of lighting and composition and many other topics! You will walk away with the confidence and understanding how to put that “nice camera” to use in taking photos in your every day lives.
**It’s important to note that this course will not be covering any information about starting a photography business or advanced photography or Photoshop instruction; but rather is focused on the everyday shooting aspect of your life. If you’re looking for information on taking your photography to the next level, this course is probably not best suited for you.
Learning to Click Workshop Details
When: Our first class will be held on Sunday, June 12th from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Where: Exact location for this workshop is still being determined, but we do have a hostess option for those that might have a small group of friends interested in doing this option. Please contact us for more information on the hostess option!
- Lunch! We will take a short break and lunch will be provided.
- 60+ page Workbook for you to take home with you, detailing all of the lessons that we will be covering and for you to refer back to after the workshop as you’re practicing at home.
- A whole new set of skills to start snapping more!
- You must have a DSLR (Canon or Nikon are the most common, but other brands are welcome too!)
- User Manual that came with your camera
- Kit lens (the lens that came with your camera) or a 50mm lens. The 50mm’s are a very affordable lens and can be purchased on Amazon for Canon and Nikon.
- Optional: A speedlight/flash for your camera. Many of your cameras will already have this built in. We will only briefly be touching on flash. The majority of our shooting will be done in natural/available light.
Cost: Workshop cost is $125 per person and is due at the time of registration. Tuition is fully refundable up to two weeks prior to the workshop. Any cancellations within 2 weeks of the Workshop will receive a $50 refund.
This workshop will be capped at 10 participants to ensure that we have ample time to give individualized attention to everyone. We are happy to add you to the waiting list should the class fill up!
How to Register: You can register by clicking here to pay your Tuition and reserve your spot. Registrations will be on a first come first served basis.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions! We look forward to helping you learn to click!